Thursday, January 17, 2008
So since the last baby powder episode. We have somehow managed to go through that 3 more times....At least their room smells nice. We have to lock up the baby powder now. How sad is that?

Good news...I'm finally in the 140's. I've also taken up running. It's slow and I hate it, but hopefully all this will make me like it more.

So Ian and I (well mostly Ian) drew up an excel sheet of our finances. We should be debt free in about a year and a half, maybe sooner if we do really good. We just sold our bowflex and it was so nice making a $1000.00 payment on a credit card.

Going to Panama City this sunday to surprise my Mom for her Bday. It'll just be me and the kids though, Ian has a TDY he has to go to. So Faith & Jessi get ready to hang out. ;)

Still can't decide if I want to do the Marine Reserves or not. It's a hard decision. Part of me wants to go for myself to prove to me that I can do something this challenging and to make my family proud of me......but then part of me doesn't want to leave my family. Hmph.

So I'm working on losing the weight and getting everything in order just in case I do. We'll see.

So a friend of mine (Thanks Courtney!) sent me this test to take. It's a personality test and it's really interesting. Go take it and see what you are. I'm a blue. Apparantly this company does this for employers to get a better sense of what their employees are like. Pretty nifty.

http://www.thecolorcode.com/index.html

I'm a blue and here is what it says about me :

BLUES are motivated by INTIMACY. They seek to genuinely connect with others, and need to be understood and appreciated. Everything they do is quality-based. They are loyal friends, employers, and employees. Whatever or whomever they commit to is their sole (and soul) focus. They love to serve and give themselves freely in order to nurture others' lives.

BLUES have distinct preferences and have the most controlling personality. Their personal code of ethics is remarkably strong and they expect others to live honest, committed lives as well. They enjoy meaningful moments in conversation as well as paying close attention to special life events (e.g. birthdays and anniversaries). BLUES are dependable, thoughtful, and analytical; but can also be self-righteous, worry-prone, and moody. They are "sainted pit-bulls" who never let go of something or someone, once they are committed. When you deal with a BLUE, be sincere and make a genuine effort to understand and appreciate them.

Understand that no two BLUES are exactly alike. Although you share the same core motivation as many others, your personality is still unique to you alone.


Is that me?

Still trying to find my foster puppy a home....anyone looking? He's a a heinz 57 for sure. has a bully head and is black all over with a white chest and white boots. super cute. The only thing is.....it has been nearly impossible to get pictures of this little man. Like he know when the camera is pointing at him. A friend of mine is going to try again today. Without pictures, we can't get him up on petfinder. :(

What are you guys doing for Valentine's Day? We're having ours a few days after it since Ian will be gone again. Just the same 'ol same 'ol....dinner, maybe a movie....who knows. I'm starting to feel like all these holidays are a big scam. Lol.

So I am being a lazy-butt today. Going to take a nap....bring rosco (my foster's name) to get his shots, then I'm off to work.

My friend, Natasa suggested we start playing the lottery. I know everyone says it's a big waste of money. But seriously, how cool would that be?

Alright folks. Have a wonderful day.

-gen
posted by gen at 9:37 AM |
5 Comments:

At January 17, 2008 at 10:38 AM, Blogger Na'Ta said........
Thx for let me finish reading ur blog...lol
I gotta check out the website!
I'm so sorry about Valentines Day, but you right about the holidays. I'm not so much into it anymore, and I think I've never been.
You should see whats best for you, with the reserves. I mean you can't just join and then after a few weeks you decide, it isn't for you. Or does the Marines have a TRIAL-Period??? hahaha
I'm sure its hard to leave the family behind, and those two have only one mother. You should know whats more important to you. To proof something to yourself, or to miss out so many days in their kids lives. And you know you will, cuz they might deploy you. Sure its nice to go away and have no kids around you. But it isn't all that. Your family is going to be proud of you don't matter are you joining the military or not. You handle two lil kids, while Ian is gone. He misses out a lot already. You should ask him how he feels about it.
you lock the baby powder away...hahaha.....you should have made some pics and post them here. I never had this experience, my daughter was an angel...lol...jk
I remember once I have this one box with pictures in, and I organized them, later on she came and pulled out ever pic....lol....then I organized them again, and she did the same thing....I can't count how many times my husband and me went through this.

I wished I could come with you to PC....I'm envious ...totally....I want to leave this place for a few days....but I don't see it coming soon....my husband has 2 night classes....and can't leave my daughter here....maybe I go with her somewhere next time she is on brake.
 

At January 18, 2008 at 6:17 AM, Blogger Courtney said........
You're a blue? I am, too! I think it's totally right on about me.

I think your baby powder fiasco is just hilarious! I'm looking forward to those memorable times with my future kids one day.

As for the Marine Reserves. . . that's a tough decision. Personally, if my hubby was in the military and spent a lot of time away from home, I wouldn't want to leave my kids, too. Then again, many kids have both parents in the military and turn out just fine. Whatever you decide, it's awesome of you to want to join. You'll have support from me either way! ;)

Congrats on losing weight!!! I know it's so hard! I've been trying to lose a few pounds myself. Not sure how much I lost (or if I have at all) because my scale is broken. lol! It's kinda nice!

Good luck on finding your foster puppy a home!!!
 

At January 18, 2008 at 9:56 PM, Blogger Faith said........
Girl, you're a heck of a lot braver than me for even thinking about joining the Marine reserves. There's no way in hell you're going to see me out there. I mean, seriously, can you see me running around in basic or worst, shooting someone? :P

Good job on the baby powder. You know, people are starting to get lung cancer from sniffing microwave popcorn. Who knows? Maybe down the way they'll find out that baby powder has the same effect.

LOL. A finance sheet. Aren't those so much fun? We try to do one every month and we just end up pulling our hairs out. Good job on paying off your credit cards! Its hard letting go of that money sometimes.

Aww - that's nice that you're surprising your mom for her birthday. She'll really get a kick out of that. Please call me! I'm not doing anything!

Congrats on the weight gain, girl you are kicking ass. Honestly, I've stopped going. I don't know - I've lost all my motivation. I'll probably try and get back at it tomorrow. :/

Well, I guess I better go and hopefully, I'll talk to you again next week sometime. Do you have any ideas on a tattoo? I think I might wait until I'm down to my weight goal. I don't want to have a tattoo of a plus size fairy between my shoulder blades. LOL.
 

At January 19, 2008 at 8:49 PM, Blogger Ais4Alisha said........
So, I'm a yellow, what do you think????


YELLOWS are motivated by FUN. They are inviting and embrace life as a party that they're hosting. They love playful interaction and can be extremely sociable. They are highly persuasive and seek instant gratification. YELLOWS need to be adored and praised. While YELLOWS are carefree, they are sensitive and highly alert to others' agendas to control them. YELLOWS typically carry within themselves the gift of a good heart.


YELLOWS need to look good socially, and friendships command a high priority in their lives. YELLOWS are happy, articulate, engaging of others and crave adventure. Easily distracted, they can never sit still for long. They embrace each day in the "present tense" and choose people who, like themselves, enjoy a curious nature. YELLOWS are charismatic, spontaneous, and positive; but can also be irresponsible, obnoxious, and forgetful. When others interact with you, as a YELLOW you respond to them best if they take a positive, upbeat approach and promote light-hearted, creative, and fun interactions with you.


I dunno about the Marine reserves, I know that I couldn't/wouldn't do it...that's for sure. Whatever you decide, make sure it's for the right reasons. You should know that you have nothing to prove to anyone!!!!

You are so rockin' w/the weight loss girlie!!! AWESOME!!!

Mike and I have a spreadsheet also, it really helps to actually have it all in one place in front of you. Sometimes it sucks b/c I can see just how crappy things are, LOL!!! It certainly makes me not wanna use my cc's anymore that's for sure!!!
 

At January 21, 2008 at 7:38 PM, Blogger licialee said........
I'm a blue too. go blue. lol. congrat on the weight loss.. I wish that I could get back into the 140's.. one day. I hate the gym though. and to run. and dieting. its a major problem. Ican't imagine joining the marines. .what would you do with the kids while you were gone? gl making that decision. when do you plan to join if you do??? oh.. and that's hilarious about the baby powder. :D